Last year in the U.S. over 10,000 family pets drowned needlessly in swimming pools and walled lakes, along with countless millions of other creatures - raccoons, possums, squirrels, frogs, chipmunks, mice, etc.
THE PROBLEM: When a pet or other animal jumps or falls in a pool, walled lake or pond, they have no trouble swimming for a while but, without a way out, they eventually drown from exhaustion brought on by panic or fatigue. Though drownings occur by day, they occur most often at night leaving the pool owner or lakefront resident with that cruel surprise of a dead pet or animal floating in their pool or skimmer basket.
SOLUTION: Skamper Industries LLC manufactures and distributes the animal rescue device known as Super Skamper-Ramp. It is attractive, affordable and most importantly, works! Skamper-Ramp safeguards against finding any dead animals pets or critters in your pool. 100% made in America with pride!
Features and Benefits:
- The Super Skamper-Ramp is blow-molded polyethylene
- Like polypropylene, it is UV and chemical-resistant and lightweight
- Because it is blow-molded it is even more robustcan hold pets over 200 lbs.and is perfect for any size animal even with frequent use
- Weve even been able to significantly improve the ease of assembly
- The new ramp snaps togetherno more screwing nylon nuts, bolts or wing strips
- The rope, 2 nylon washers and 2 D-ring clips for installation remain the same
- Boxed weight is 6 lbs; assembled ramp weight is 5.75 lbs measuring 42" long fully extended
- Directions for assembly and attachment are provided with every Super Skamper-Ramp
- Manufacturers Limited Liability Warranty is 1 year from date of purchase.
Training a Pet to Use Your Super Skamper-Ramp®
Just a note about pets and animal safety. While wild animals seem to know instinctively how to use Super Skamper-Ramp in an emergency, some of our more domesticated pets, like dogs and ferrets, might need to be shown how the ramp can help them when in peril.
We suggest you take your pet into the pool with you and help them see how they can climb out of the pool using your Super Skamper-Ramp. This is facilitated by putting one of their favorite treats on the ramp near the pool edge and another on the pool deck, so they go up the ramp trying to get at the treat. Its fun to take them in for a second demonstration and see how well they have learned the drill during their first visit.